Much like ‘Champagne’, ‘Laguiole’ designates a style of cutlery rather than a brand name. There are many producers of genuine French Laguiole cutlery, with one of the top manufacturers being André Verdier.
Founded in 1859, André Verdier is one of France’s oldest cutlery manufacturers. They produce a wide range of Laguiole professional cutlery from classical forged knives to stylish flatware in their ultra modern factory, just outside Lyon.
André Verdier Laguiole cutlery is like no other, and is 100% made in France (including the packaging):
- Knife blades made from professional quality X46Cr13 mirror polished stainless steel for superior durability and rust resistance
- 18/10 Stainless Steel used in the spoons & forks
- Handles made from coloured ABS which is highly shock resilient, and fixed using 5 stainless rivets
- Each piece features the trademark Laguiole Bee which is welded on all items
- Handles on spoon & forks are straight for comfort
André Verdier is packaged in European Beechwood boxes with dovetail joinery The cutlery is beautiful, unique and delightful to use. We recommend hand washing to keep your Laguiole pristine.
All Andre Verdier Laguiole cutlery is hand crafted in France and carries a Certificate of Authenticity – issued by Laguiole France.
Albi imports two Laguiole ranges from Andre Verdier – The Classique Range and Debutant Range.